Looks like this is becoming a regular thing now, but that’s all to the good, as we get to hear various sessions that you probably won’t have heard for a while in between Ray’s notoriously grumpy interviews.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
A pretty pivotal episode, this one, and not just for Peter Powell’s wardrobe reaching an all-time low with his ridiculous flying suit. If this repeat run has done nothing else, it’s disproven the myth that you had to be in the Top 40 to get on Top of the Pops as over the past four years we’ve seen dozens of acts appear while deep in the bowels of the charts, or indeed not in them at all, and who despite performing to several million viewers never got there. Hello, Glamourpuss. It’s a practice that’s soon to disappear but for one of the last occasions, they certainly struck lucky while trying to pad out the show during a quiet week as we don’t just get the debut of Jona Lewie but also, famously, the only appearance of the original incarnation of The Human League (although they also make a guest appearance in another song on the show) and their deadly enemies OMD.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Sandbaggers, The', Ant says: "Never shown on a Sunday, always a Monday at 9pm."
- In 'Zokko', Astronut says: "Score 15. Tramp-o-line."
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Richard16378 says: "At a guess: Salt & Vinegar Cheese & Onion Roast Beef Smokey Bacon"
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Graham Pearson says: "The 1983 incarnation of Smiths Crisps had five different flavours including Ready Salted. Please can you tell me what the..."
- In 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil, The', Barbersmith says: "I recently saw the repeat of this. It really is Christ-awful. Tom Baker does one of the worst drunk scenes ever seen, and the..."