It’s a new Comic Strip film, though it’s not perhaps as exciting as it could be given that they’ve already done a follow-up to Five Go Mad In Dorset a year later, and it was rubbish, and in addition the last new Comic Strip film was only last year anyway. Still, the original gang are all back and it’s a rare chance to see Ade Edmondson doing comedy on the telly because the mooted Bottom reunion has been abandoned as he and Rik had a go at writing something and then decided they weren’t getting anywhere and it was going to be crap, which is a shame, but at least they were honest enough not just to grab the money and do it anyway.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Tuesday, 11.30, BBC Radio 4
“Feed the birds, tuppence a bag! Two pence! And yet today, a good wholemeal loaf would set you back fifty or sixty pence!” Ah, Trevor and Simon, they have a quote for every occasion. Not that anyone else ever knows who we’re quoting. Anyway, the series that looks at music of all kinds with particular emotional resonance this week alights on Feed The Birds, which has mutated over the years from a bit of fluff in a Disney film to a song some people find extremely comforting.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Palitoy says: "I’m loving the recent trend for high-concept/obscure subject matter for Radio 4 plays. All very ‘Cream’ flavoured. Johnny..."
- In 'As seen on TV: Victoria Wood', George White says: "They were part of the sort of “folkie”tradition alongside Billy Connolly, Max Boyce, John Cooper Clarke, etc, people..."
- In 'As seen on TV: Victoria Wood', Glenn Aylett says: "Victoria Wood had none of the sneering and contempt the alternative comedians had for the mass audience and this is how she became..."
- In 'As seen on TV: Victoria Wood', Richard16378 says: "Dinnerladies was a real favourite of mine, & a few years ago me & my girlfriend watched it all again over a weekend. She..."
- In 'Finders Keepers', George White says: "Also not to be confused with various same-titled films and webseries and other TV series…"