It’s a new Comic Strip film, though it’s not perhaps as exciting as it could be given that they’ve already done a follow-up to Five Go Mad In Dorset a year later, and it was rubbish, and in addition the last new Comic Strip film was only last year anyway. Still, the original gang are all back and it’s a rare chance to see Ade Edmondson doing comedy on the telly because the mooted Bottom reunion has been abandoned as he and Rik had a go at writing something and then decided they weren’t getting anywhere and it was going to be crap, which is a shame, but at least they were honest enough not just to grab the money and do it anyway.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
We billed the first episode of this series and, given we’ve got nothing else to talk about today, we’ll rejoin Dawn and the gang for the last. We’ve watched them all in between, because it reminds us a bit of She’s Gotta Have It which we used to love, and they’ve been good fun, though we could do without the identical “what is vintage?” sequence that takes up the first five minutes or so of every episode, and we haven’t much cared for some of the people who’ve been made over. Still, a harmless hour of distraction is had by all.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "As the late Larry Pennell (* Uniontown, Pennsylvania, United States of America/February 21, 1928 – + ?/August 28, 2013) as the colorful and..."
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "Mental note: If you really want to parachute and/or skydive, just remember always the audacious and brave “Ripcord” men, Ted McKeever..."
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "This is the most danger-packed adventure show on television of the early 1960s ever made. Every jump and aerial maneuver are real, photographed..."
- In 'Perils of Penelope Pitstop, The', THX 1139 says: "How come the Anthill Mob all sat in the front seat of their car, piled up on top of one another? Chugaboom had plenty of room for..."
- In 'TV Cream’s perfect Eurovision line-up', George White says: "Twink, Maxi’s partner is an annoying Irish comedienne/singer/presenter, who has become known for being drunk..."