It’s a new Comic Strip film, though it’s not perhaps as exciting as it could be given that they’ve already done a follow-up to Five Go Mad In Dorset a year later, and it was rubbish, and in addition the last new Comic Strip film was only last year anyway. Still, the original gang are all back and it’s a rare chance to see Ade Edmondson doing comedy on the telly because the mooted Bottom reunion has been abandoned as he and Rik had a go at writing something and then decided they weren’t getting anywhere and it was going to be crap, which is a shame, but at least they were honest enough not just to grab the money and do it anyway.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Fifty years since the Radio Times were on the phone saying this new science show needed a name and it needed it now, a look back at the legacy of the most popular of popular science shows. Undoubtedly its high water mark was in the seventies which it wasn’t just an important series – as the Radio Times pointed out in 1976, “many firms delegate executives to watch each programme and then prepare a synopsis for senior management” – but also hugely popular thanks to its familiar placing before Top of the Pops. James Burke rummages through the archives and talks to some of his former colleagues like Judith Hann and Howard Stableford, and looks at not just what it got right, but also what it thought today’s world would be like.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Naked Video', David Smith says: "The end credits for the latter series replaced the roaring Thatcher with John Major as a buck toothed mouse, I recall…"
- In 'Horses Galore', Alan says: "Someone on another site also says that the presenter was Susan George but it was definitely Susan King. I can however see a resemblance between them. A..."
- In 'Your Local Station – Across The Nation!', AlexTheEngineer-Ipswich says: "Surprised to see no mention of Laser 558, Radio Caroline (which took over 558 for a bit after the MV..."
- In 'Friends in Space', Danny says: "OMG! I’ve been looking for this for years. Watching it as a kid it stayed with me and I never forgot it!"
- In 'New Faces', harvey wood says: "I was on new faces in 1975 does anyone have any copies or information please thanks"