It’s a new Comic Strip film, though it’s not perhaps as exciting as it could be given that they’ve already done a follow-up to Five Go Mad In Dorset a year later, and it was rubbish, and in addition the last new Comic Strip film was only last year anyway. Still, the original gang are all back and it’s a rare chance to see Ade Edmondson doing comedy on the telly because the mooted Bottom reunion has been abandoned as he and Rik had a go at writing something and then decided they weren’t getting anywhere and it was going to be crap, which is a shame, but at least they were honest enough not just to grab the money and do it anyway.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Back on the right channel, the Beeb are certainly going to town with it by presenting a whole day of programmes, and even co-opting Saturday Kitchen into proceedings like Cup Final Swap Shop. With the 5.30 kick-off, though, we don’t actually get onto the match in question until around four o’clock and before that it’s the Wembley scene including at five past two a new episode of TOTP2, we think the first time an episode of this series has debuted on BBC1 in its twenty plus year history. You can probably guess the kind of thing we’re going to get and presumably much of it will come from that momentous episode of Pops from 6th May 1982 when Spurs, England and Scotland all performed in the studio, which we can’t wait for BBC4 to get round to. And they surely must!
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Sandbaggers, The', Ant says: "Never shown on a Sunday, always a Monday at 9pm."
- In 'Zokko', Astronut says: "Score 15. Tramp-o-line."
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Richard16378 says: "At a guess: Salt & Vinegar Cheese & Onion Roast Beef Smokey Bacon"
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Graham Pearson says: "The 1983 incarnation of Smiths Crisps had five different flavours including Ready Salted. Please can you tell me what the..."
- In 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil, The', Barbersmith says: "I recently saw the repeat of this. It really is Christ-awful. Tom Baker does one of the worst drunk scenes ever seen, and the..."