“What’s going on? Democracy is going on!” The US elections are never quite as much fun as you’d like, mostly because the whole business of declaring the results is very boring and just involves David Dimbleby reading out a handful of states every half hour, rather than all the fun of hapless returning officers, not to mention the fact the Beeb are always in a cupboard and nobody knows who they are, which we don’t like. In addition we can’t have a repeat of the best moment of last time as Gore Vidal’s dead. Nevertheless, we’re staying up regardless because it’s bloody big news, we like Dave having six hours to kick back and hang loose and, er, some of the pundits are quite bewitching, even if they’re evil Republicans. Especially if they’re evil Republicans. Sorry.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Tuesday, 21.00, Sky Arts
This series began last week but, er, we didn’t notice it. It’s how advances in technology have changed music, as the producer’s role developed from just moving people closer and further away from the microphone to playing a major role in the composition of the song itself. And with Macca contributing and some intriguing Beatles footage promised, they don’t appear to be messing around.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "I’ve been hoping the BBC4 repeats would get to 1982 even since the started. This is mainly because it’s when I started to watch TOTP..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Palitoy says: "Also worth noting – to reiterate a point made in one of the Cream Amigo’s recent (and great) commentary-casts – is that the..."
- In 'Sons and Daughters', Scott McPhee says: "Ally Fowler, who starred in Sons and Daughters, is still acting and performing. She sings in a pop group called The Chantoozies."
- In 'Monkey', Scott McPhee says: "“Steamroller schoolboy cult due to then-novelty kung-fu scenes, bonkers narrative, that theme song, and magic-summoning blowing-on-fingers..."
- In 'Bottle Boys', THX 1139 says: "I just watched that One Good Turn episode too, and the fact that it features both Robin Askwith doing a Bernie Winters impersonation and Bernie Winters..."