“What’s going on? Democracy is going on!” The US elections are never quite as much fun as you’d like, mostly because the whole business of declaring the results is very boring and just involves David Dimbleby reading out a handful of states every half hour, rather than all the fun of hapless returning officers, not to mention the fact the Beeb are always in a cupboard and nobody knows who they are, which we don’t like. In addition we can’t have a repeat of the best moment of last time as Gore Vidal’s dead. Nevertheless, we’re staying up regardless because it’s bloody big news, we like Dave having six hours to kick back and hang loose and, er, some of the pundits are quite bewitching, even if they’re evil Republicans. Especially if they’re evil Republicans. Sorry.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
This repeat run’ll be going some if we get to see Andy Peebles present a regular episode of this show again because that won’t be until February 2018. He didn’t get much more exciting while he was away either. We’ve now skipped a week, which unfortunately means ITV are now back on the air and never again will nearly twenty million people be exposed to Cats UK and Errol Dunkley, and also unfortunately means we’ve missed the week Buggles are number one and we end up with a line-up quite similar to the Peebles episode, though at least it means another outing for that brilliantly stupid Dooleys song. Some new stuff around, though, including Pete’s hair and a particularly, er, interesting new release.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Creamvote #1 The most unforgettable political show theme!', Paul Pensom says: "Aaah Nantucket Sleigh Ride, AKA ‘the one everybody confuses with World In Action’. Both..."
- In 'Houseparty', David Leeming says: "I was brought up loving the Houseparty ladies,Cherry, Sylvia, Anne, and dear Lucy became true friends..I was in a few Saturday morning tv shows made..."
- In 'Steptoe and Son', Paul Murphy says: "The best sitcom ever bar none."
- In 'Don’t Drink the Water', Paul Murphy says: "Pat Coombs was his sister not his missus in dont drink the water."
- In 'Zokko', Andy says: "Glad some other folks recall this. I’m not going insane! I seem to remember the American pied piper guy being on Zokko, but wasn’t it called “Mr..."