“What’s going on? Democracy is going on!” The US elections are never quite as much fun as you’d like, mostly because the whole business of declaring the results is very boring and just involves David Dimbleby reading out a handful of states every half hour, rather than all the fun of hapless returning officers, not to mention the fact the Beeb are always in a cupboard and nobody knows who they are, which we don’t like. In addition we can’t have a repeat of the best moment of last time as Gore Vidal’s dead. Nevertheless, we’re staying up regardless because it’s bloody big news, we like Dave having six hours to kick back and hang loose and, er, some of the pundits are quite bewitching, even if they’re evil Republicans. Especially if they’re evil Republicans. Sorry.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Monday, 20.30, BBC1
Well, we were pondering whether to include Russell T Davies’ new adaptation here, but then we read in Doctor Who Magazine that it’s been produced as, to all intents and purpose, the last episode of Doctor Who Series 9, filmed on the same sets with the same crew, and obviously there’s plenty of Who crossover, not just with RTD but also the mighty Cribbo. And it also gives us the opportunity to point out that the five hundredth edition of TV Cream’s very favourite reading material, Doctor Who Magazine, is out now! It’s a wallet-busting tenner, but for that you get absolutely stacks of reading material and additional goodies, and there is heavy TVC presence among its pages as well. We wish every TV programme had a magazine as wonderfully detailed and enthusiastic as Doctor Who, so well done to all the gang in Tunbridge Wells and here’s to five hundred more!
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Not the Nine O’clock News', Richard16378 says: "The (sadly late) Victoria Wood was considered for this show but turned down the offer. IIRC she wasn’t keen on writing..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "This has been up for a week is there a glitch or most of TVC on holiday?"
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #4', Des E says: "Grandstand’s probably going to win fairly comfortably, so I’ve given the ‘busters a consolation vote. Hopefully, though,..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #3', TV Cream says: "Dunno what happened with the voting function on this one. Sorry, everybody! We’re just going to tally the Twitter votes instead,..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #4', Richard16378 says: "Tough choice, but Grandstand just squeezed through, helped by being used on that Vincent Price film about roller coasters that..."