“What’s going on? Democracy is going on!” The US elections are never quite as much fun as you’d like, mostly because the whole business of declaring the results is very boring and just involves David Dimbleby reading out a handful of states every half hour, rather than all the fun of hapless returning officers, not to mention the fact the Beeb are always in a cupboard and nobody knows who they are, which we don’t like. In addition we can’t have a repeat of the best moment of last time as Gore Vidal’s dead. Nevertheless, we’re staying up regardless because it’s bloody big news, we like Dave having six hours to kick back and hang loose and, er, some of the pundits are quite bewitching, even if they’re evil Republicans. Especially if they’re evil Republicans. Sorry.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Bit of a dull Bank Holiday, not helped because we have to have all the regular news programmes on, though if you’re interested in that kind of thing BBC Parliament are broadcasting the election debates from every region if you want to compare sets and presenters. If not you can always listen to what’s become a Bank Holiday tradition, another of Phil Swern’s compendiums, this time featuring big American hits that didn’t do bugger all in Britain.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "I noticed some had been hacked down the last time they were shown. I did wonder if it was to keep the run time down, or where some performers..."
- In 'Film Fun', Dristarg says: "“Get onnnn with iiiit!”"
- In 'WITHERS, Googie', Shaz says: "White corridors, Back room boy, The lovers of Joanna Godden, Pink String & sealing wax was a classic. I recall Ending up & Within These Walls."
- In 'Professor Lobster', Anthony stott says: "Shippo was that Alderman William Derbyshire school you attended?"
- In 'Small World of Samuel Tweet, The', andrew's-classmate says: "He kept making a comic slurping sound when he talked."