“What’s going on? Democracy is going on!” The US elections are never quite as much fun as you’d like, mostly because the whole business of declaring the results is very boring and just involves David Dimbleby reading out a handful of states every half hour, rather than all the fun of hapless returning officers, not to mention the fact the Beeb are always in a cupboard and nobody knows who they are, which we don’t like. In addition we can’t have a repeat of the best moment of last time as Gore Vidal’s dead. Nevertheless, we’re staying up regardless because it’s bloody big news, we like Dave having six hours to kick back and hang loose and, er, some of the pundits are quite bewitching, even if they’re evil Republicans. Especially if they’re evil Republicans. Sorry.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Altogether now… “It’s just a gimmack, innat!” Hopefully that brilliant clip will turn up again in this new documentary which looks at the relationship between pop stars and their fans. It’s not just teen bands, either, and we well recall someone from The Frank And Walters telling Smash Hits about how in 1980 he was such a big fan of Buggles he opened the All Ireland Buggles Fan Club, which had a membership of two, him and his mate, and their activities mostly involved going for walks while carrying Buggles LPs. Kate Mossman presents and talks about her obsession with Queen’s Roger Taylor while Alan Johnson recalls his Beatlemania.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Sandbaggers, The', Ant says: "Never shown on a Sunday, always a Monday at 9pm."
- In 'Zokko', Astronut says: "Score 15. Tramp-o-line."
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Richard16378 says: "At a guess: Salt & Vinegar Cheese & Onion Roast Beef Smokey Bacon"
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Graham Pearson says: "The 1983 incarnation of Smiths Crisps had five different flavours including Ready Salted. Please can you tell me what the..."
- In 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil, The', Barbersmith says: "I recently saw the repeat of this. It really is Christ-awful. Tom Baker does one of the worst drunk scenes ever seen, and the..."