“What’s going on? Democracy is going on!” The US elections are never quite as much fun as you’d like, mostly because the whole business of declaring the results is very boring and just involves David Dimbleby reading out a handful of states every half hour, rather than all the fun of hapless returning officers, not to mention the fact the Beeb are always in a cupboard and nobody knows who they are, which we don’t like. In addition we can’t have a repeat of the best moment of last time as Gore Vidal’s dead. Nevertheless, we’re staying up regardless because it’s bloody big news, we like Dave having six hours to kick back and hang loose and, er, some of the pundits are quite bewitching, even if they’re evil Republicans. Especially if they’re evil Republicans. Sorry.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
We’ve lost interest in these in recent years, not just because we find Jonathan Ross totally insufferable and because so much current comedy is pretty rubbish, but also because part of the appeal used to be the chance to see clips of Stewart Lee and Simon Amstell on primetime ITV. Not quite so exciting now it’s on such a self-consciously alternative channel, but here they plough on anyway.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In '41) “Comes with a free Catherine wheel!”', Richard16378 says: "These were great, & it helped that nostalga for the 1970s was big at the time it was made, so a..."
- In '54) “The drawings were by Valerie Pye!” ', Richard16378 says: "I admit to studying end credits, not just for who appearred in front of the camera. Puzzling over what jobs..."
- In 'Bottom Line, The', Richard16378 says: "I remember Danny Baker tried to have it put in Room 101 & ended up having to take a box set of it home with him!"
- In 'Duncan Dares', Richard16378 says: "I remember he also tried being a truck racer & a tight rope walker. There was a spin-off book with write up of some episodes, complete with a..."
- In 'Duncan Dares', Chris says: "Copy of Duncan dares as a firefighter"