“What’s going on? Democracy is going on!” The US elections are never quite as much fun as you’d like, mostly because the whole business of declaring the results is very boring and just involves David Dimbleby reading out a handful of states every half hour, rather than all the fun of hapless returning officers, not to mention the fact the Beeb are always in a cupboard and nobody knows who they are, which we don’t like. In addition we can’t have a repeat of the best moment of last time as Gore Vidal’s dead. Nevertheless, we’re staying up regardless because it’s bloody big news, we like Dave having six hours to kick back and hang loose and, er, some of the pundits are quite bewitching, even if they’re evil Republicans. Especially if they’re evil Republicans. Sorry.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Well done to the Guardian Guide last week for smugly pointing out the theme tune for The Nation’s Favourite 80s Number One was “from 1990″ when Ride on Time, for it was that, is actually from 1989. The show itself was amiable enough, though this is a bit more of an acquired taste, especially as it’s a repeat to boot.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, The', THX 1139 says: "I have a strong early memory of seeing a Robinson Crusoe programme in colour, but everywhere says this series was in black and..."
- In 'Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, The', Damon says: "I must’ve watched this in about 1978-ish when I was 7 or 8. I loved it. I think it may well have been the Saturday morning..."
- In '60 70 80 Show, The', Damon says: "Hudd at front, couple of sidekickcs with him, some humour, old people sitting around on tables in the well-likt studio as if it were a kind of cafe..."
- In 'Horses Galore', Droogie says: "I remember Susan King well. As a kid I had a horse-obsessed cousin called Joanne, and always had to sit through this show if it was on whenever I was..."
- In 'Victor Lewis-Smith', THX 1139 says: "The editing on these shows was quite brilliant, maybe the best thing about it because though it was very funny in places, you couldn’t..."