John Peel used to say that the reason he sped to Dallas when he’d heard JFK had been shot – and eventually ended up in the same room when Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald – was not just because he was desperate for something interesting to do, but because in 1960, when he’d been on a motorcade campaigning, Peel had wished him luck and JFK, having noticed his accent, spoke to him for about thirty seconds, whereas when he’d said the same thing to Nixon he ignored him , so as far as he was concerned someone had shot His Pal Jack. Sadly we won’t get to see that conversation on this programme as it features footage of his campaigning in Wisconsin in that election, but it’ll still be worth a look.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Saturday, 10.00, BBC Radio 4
A rather higher profile edition of this series than usual as the artist who’s talking John Wilson through his inspirations and working methods is none other than Macca himself. With an hour to play with they’re not limiting themselves to a single LP but the highs of his post-Fabs ouevre, and there’s a celebrity audience all eager to ask the great man questions as well.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "This has been up for a week is there a glitch or most of TVC on holiday?"
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #4', Des E says: "Grandstand’s probably going to win fairly comfortably, so I’ve given the ‘busters a consolation vote. Hopefully, though,..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #3', TV Cream says: "Dunno what happened with the voting function on this one. Sorry, everybody! We’re just going to tally the Twitter votes instead,..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #4', Richard16378 says: "Tough choice, but Grandstand just squeezed through, helped by being used on that Vincent Price film about roller coasters that..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #3', Des E says: "Hey! Can’t we vote here or is it all being done on Twitter on this occasion?"