John Peel used to say that the reason he sped to Dallas when he’d heard JFK had been shot – and eventually ended up in the same room when Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald – was not just because he was desperate for something interesting to do, but because in 1960, when he’d been on a motorcade campaigning, Peel had wished him luck and JFK, having noticed his accent, spoke to him for about thirty seconds, whereas when he’d said the same thing to Nixon he ignored him , so as far as he was concerned someone had shot His Pal Jack. Sadly we won’t get to see that conversation on this programme as it features footage of his campaigning in Wisconsin in that election, but it’ll still be worth a look.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
This is the last episode of this series which actually creeps out of the Cream era a bit and looks at the Disney heroines from the nineties like The Little Mermaid and Pocahontas, though as it’s made in 1998 we are at least spared the era when they stopped drawing them properly.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Naked Video', David Smith says: "The end credits for the latter series replaced the roaring Thatcher with John Major as a buck toothed mouse, I recall…"
- In 'Friends in Space', Danny says: "OMG! I’ve been looking for this for years. Watching it as a kid it stayed with me and I never forgot it!"
- In 'New Faces', harvey wood says: "I was on new faces in 1975 does anyone have any copies or information please thanks"
- In 'That’s Life!', Zardoz says: "‘Heap of the Week’ in the early series. Esther – ‘I demand you find me someone even less funny than Cyril Fletcher’...."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Droogie says: "I’ll give this a go, but if any of the awful bands that seemed to have a weekly residency on TFI like Ocean Colour Scene or Texas..."