It took a few months but thankfully Eric is getting the obituary he deserves with this new documentary, with the likes of Michael Palin and Eddie Izzard paying tribute to a man who at one time appeared to be writing every single comedy show on TV and radio. Then later, after QI, it’s a repeat of Sykes that, gasp, isn’t the Peter Sellers episode, though it is from the very last series in 1979. Following that is a programme first shown on Christmas Day 2001 which got a rare chance to look into his office and find out how he managed to still regularly write and perform despite being, at that point, almost totally deaf and blind.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'District Nurse, The', Glenn Aylett says: "@ Richard 16378 There’s been an accident at the pit, Nurse Roberts, or Myfanwy’s got rickets, not as easy going as All Creatures..."
- In 'What We Just Watched – Episode Two', THX 1139 says: "The juror’s note gag is pretty ancient, I’m fairly sure Benny Hill and Dave Allen used it too."
- In 'Cheviot, the Stag and the Black, Black Oil, The ', Russell Cowe says: "“The Cheviot the Stag and the Black Black Oil” will be released on Blu-ray later this year,..."
- In 'They Live ', George White says: "The best film about UK wrestling is the comic short World of Wrestling – which crams in almost every wrestler of the era (bar Bomber Roach and..."
- In 'Let’s Read with Basil Brush', Richard16378 says: "One story was about getting something out of a tree, which Basil suggested should be chopped down."