It took a few months but thankfully Eric is getting the obituary he deserves with this new documentary, with the likes of Michael Palin and Eddie Izzard paying tribute to a man who at one time appeared to be writing every single comedy show on TV and radio. Then later, after QI, it’s a repeat of Sykes that, gasp, isn’t the Peter Sellers episode, though it is from the very last series in 1979. Following that is a programme first shown on Christmas Day 2001 which got a rare chance to look into his office and find out how he managed to still regularly write and perform despite being, at that point, almost totally deaf and blind.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
We’ve not heard much of Sally Traffic on Radio 2 since she moved to weekends, though we’re not particularly upset as we much prefer Bobby Prior, not least because she actually gets some of Simon Mayo’s jokes. Sally’s not been idle during the week, though, as here she is presenting this documentary where she meets folk veteran Peggy Seeger, sister of Pete, and they discuss whether political songs ever actually achieve anything.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Virgin 1215', Richard16378 says: "The whole Bannister Axe at Radio 1 really played into Virgin’s hands at the time it was launched, winning a chuck of audience stuck between..."
- In 'Virgin 1215', Ged Burke says: "Virgin 1215 was great. I started listening to it in May 1994 Richard Skinner, Graham Dene and Mitch Johson and Russ and Jono were all great and for 2..."
- In 'Joe', Jute says: "Actually Joe didn’t throw mud at an ice cream van at all. Joe lived in a transport cafe and the ice cream van was in the car park, along with a lot of lorries..."
- In 'Chocky/Chocky’s Children/Chocky’s Challenge', Scott McPhee says: "I watched Chocky when it was first shown. One thing I remember, was that Matthew got kidnapped. He was..."
- In 'A-Team, The', Scott McPhee says: "I can’t say that I was a big fan of The A-Team. I grew bored of it very quickly. Then, in primary school, my class spent a term doing media..."