It took a few months but thankfully Eric is getting the obituary he deserves with this new documentary, with the likes of Michael Palin and Eddie Izzard paying tribute to a man who at one time appeared to be writing every single comedy show on TV and radio. Then later, after QI, it’s a repeat of Sykes that, gasp, isn’t the Peter Sellers episode, though it is from the very last series in 1979. Following that is a programme first shown on Christmas Day 2001 which got a rare chance to look into his office and find out how he managed to still regularly write and perform despite being, at that point, almost totally deaf and blind.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
One of the great rock drummers, Ginger Baker played on some of the most famous records of all time and inspired generations of musicians, but despite all that he’s been virtually permanently skint thanks to pissing most of the money away on booze and women and managing to fall out with everyone because he doesn’t appear to be a very nice man. Seemingly this profile isn’t going to do much to change that perception, but in between shouting at and hitting the director, some of his collaborators talk about why they put up with him.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Naked Video', David Smith says: "The end credits for the latter series replaced the roaring Thatcher with John Major as a buck toothed mouse, I recall…"
- In 'Horses Galore', Alan says: "Someone on another site also says that the presenter was Susan George but it was definitely Susan King. I can however see a resemblance between them. A..."
- In 'Your Local Station – Across The Nation!', AlexTheEngineer-Ipswich says: "Surprised to see no mention of Laser 558, Radio Caroline (which took over 558 for a bit after the MV..."
- In 'Friends in Space', Danny says: "OMG! I’ve been looking for this for years. Watching it as a kid it stayed with me and I never forgot it!"
- In 'New Faces', harvey wood says: "I was on new faces in 1975 does anyone have any copies or information please thanks"