Weller’s now certainly found a style – and a haircut – that’s he’s comfortable with, which is a bit of a shame given what a musical magpie he was earlier in his career, flitting across the genres by mixing rock with soul, and then even bemusing his own record label with his jaunts into further musical horizons. In between all that he still found time to write some of the best pop songs of the seventies and eighties, as well as the worst lyric – yes, “donkey’s car-ROT” – and we’ll hear some of that here.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Last part of this, second time round, and then we’ll have to wait and see if we join the new generation of kids at the age of 21 as we’re supposed to be later this year. If not we’ll certainly be back with this lot in 2019, and we very much look forward to that. Unless ITV, who still haven’t got round to showing a new drama since May and are absolutely going through the motions at the moment, completely collapse by then.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "As the late Larry Pennell (* Uniontown, Pennsylvania, United States of America/February 21, 1928 – + ?/August 28, 2013) as the colorful and..."
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "Mental note: If you really want to parachute and/or skydive, just remember always the audacious and brave “Ripcord” men, Ted McKeever..."
- In 'Ripcord', Lina B. Umpierre says: "This is the most danger-packed adventure show on television of the early 1960s ever made. Every jump and aerial maneuver are real, photographed..."
- In 'Perils of Penelope Pitstop, The', THX 1139 says: "How come the Anthill Mob all sat in the front seat of their car, piled up on top of one another? Chugaboom had plenty of room for..."
- In 'TV Cream’s perfect Eurovision line-up', George White says: "Twink, Maxi’s partner is an annoying Irish comedienne/singer/presenter, who has become known for being drunk..."