Weller’s now certainly found a style – and a haircut – that’s he’s comfortable with, which is a bit of a shame given what a musical magpie he was earlier in his career, flitting across the genres by mixing rock with soul, and then even bemusing his own record label with his jaunts into further musical horizons. In between all that he still found time to write some of the best pop songs of the seventies and eighties, as well as the worst lyric – yes, “donkey’s car-ROT” – and we’ll hear some of that here.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Really enjoyed this last week, you could probably argue the story didn’t particularly justify the extended running time but we never felt it dragged too much and if they want to put it on in the pictures we suppose they’ve got to make it worth people turning up. We particularly liked the restaurant scene and if there’s more of that comic crosstalk in this series we’ll be happy, and we liked the suggestion on Twitter that Matt could also phone up at the end of every episode with a moral, like He-Man. This one’s a Fantastic Voyage rip-off which sounds fun.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'CAMPBELL, Nicky', David says: "One of the things I will always remember about his late evening shows were his live interviews with the much-missed comic Frankie Howerd, including the..."
- In 'RADCLIFFE, Mark', David Bally says: "I will never forget those afternnon Mark and Lard shows, with Fat Harry White and the double-entedre. How they got away with it amazes me.. For..."
- In 'Whicker’s World', Morgan says: "His final series, was a revaluation that proved Alan, A) Really hated Los Angeles, a city he likened to “a hotel lobby” and B) Why..."
- In 'Terrific Adventures of the Terrible Ten, The', bill says: "all very interesting stuff to bring back memories. btw, it wasn’t shitty to an 8 yr old tired of bbc puppet..."
- In 'Houseparty', Graham says: "Looking at this website reminds of what the housewife would’ve done years ago (and is probably still doing to this day). Sorry to hear that members..."