Weller’s now certainly found a style – and a haircut – that’s he’s comfortable with, which is a bit of a shame given what a musical magpie he was earlier in his career, flitting across the genres by mixing rock with soul, and then even bemusing his own record label with his jaunts into further musical horizons. In between all that he still found time to write some of the best pop songs of the seventies and eighties, as well as the worst lyric – yes, “donkey’s car-ROT” – and we’ll hear some of that here.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Packets, packets and more packets this week as we head to the seventies, where convenience was king whether you boiled it in the bag, added water or froze it, so we can look forward to a host of evocative brand names and packaging getting an airing tonight. It’s not all crap, though, because we’re also got the rise and rise of health food and self-sufficiency.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Three Up Two Down', THX 1139 says: "Watched the last ever episode to see if Mike and Ange got it together, and right enough they had obviously just heard they weren’t getting..."
- In 'Red Hand Gang, The', THX 1139 says: "The legendary James Bond III went on to direct and star his own horror movie, called Def by Temptation. Why yes, it was made in the 90s. I rented..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "Channel 5 also showed it in it’s early days. The home videos had some songs changed due to rights issues, but I believe the DVDs have..."
- In 'Red Hand Gang, The', Ged Burke says: "I rememember this show well when I was a kid."
- In 'Clangers, The', Richard Freeman says: "IT RETURNS!!!!"