If you didn’t know they were showing these in order you’d think the DLT episode was chosen entirely to stitch him up while the papers are sniffing around the antics celebs got up to in the seventies. Never mind that, though, we enjoyed Leo Sayer inventing that bit in Seinfeld where Jerry goes to the seaside to make an important decision (we like how they didn’t get the vagrants to move) and the lead singer from Stardust’s inability to defy gravity meaning you could hear him land back on the floor with a thud a fraction of a second before the chorus began. Noel tonight with The Steve Gibbons Band already with a new single five seconds after the last one, but it won’t be on as much as it was a massive flop.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Shame it didn’t start five minutes earlier. This is clearly outside the Cream era but it’s a fascinating document all the same, and made for intriguing viewing when this channel last showed it a decade ago. Only three hours exist, and it’s not three consecutive hours either, so there are slightly odd bits where it fades to black and it’s suddenly four hours later, but as an example of the conventions of fifties telly in particular and society in general it’s well worth a watch. David Butler and Bob McKenzie are still around, although in those days they spent as much time explaining how the election worked as what it all meant.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Sandbaggers, The', Ant says: "Never shown on a Sunday, always a Monday at 9pm."
- In 'Zokko', Astronut says: "Score 15. Tramp-o-line."
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Richard16378 says: "At a guess: Salt & Vinegar Cheese & Onion Roast Beef Smokey Bacon"
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Graham Pearson says: "The 1983 incarnation of Smiths Crisps had five different flavours including Ready Salted. Please can you tell me what the..."
- In 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil, The', Barbersmith says: "I recently saw the repeat of this. It really is Christ-awful. Tom Baker does one of the worst drunk scenes ever seen, and the..."