If you didn’t know they were showing these in order you’d think the DLT episode was chosen entirely to stitch him up while the papers are sniffing around the antics celebs got up to in the seventies. Never mind that, though, we enjoyed Leo Sayer inventing that bit in Seinfeld where Jerry goes to the seaside to make an important decision (we like how they didn’t get the vagrants to move) and the lead singer from Stardust’s inability to defy gravity meaning you could hear him land back on the floor with a thud a fraction of a second before the chorus began. Noel tonight with The Steve Gibbons Band already with a new single five seconds after the last one, but it won’t be on as much as it was a massive flop.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Last part of this series which isn’t going into the noughties, which is just as well given we think we’ve still got stuff in our cupboards from that decade. Instead it’s a time to reflect on what out guinea pigs have learned over the past five weeks and then have a think about what might appear in a similar show in a few decades’ time.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'What’s My Line?', THX 1139 says: "There’s an episode from 1974 on iPlayer featuring Mike Yarwood as the special guest, he signs in as Harold Wilson and oh how the..."
- In 'Ask the Family', THX 1139 says: "There’s an episode from 1982 on BBC iPlayer at the moment, and if anyone these days can answer more than five questions from it right, if that,..."
- In 'Grange Hill', Graham Pearson says: "I recall watching the episode in which Gripper was finally expelled for a grim catalogue of bullying, harassment and demanding money with menaces...."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Andrew Dexter says: "I also seem to recall the announcement of Karl Wallenda’s death on Blue Peter in March 1978, they did indeed show the clip, quite..."
- In 'Crackerjack', jabberwocky says: "This isn’t the first time I’ve come across an article on here purporting to be amusing, but isn’t. Where does TV Cream get..."