Twenty years on from Ghostwatch (which of course isn’t being repeated), Channel Four take up the witching hour to profile one of horror’s most iconic characters – and their monster, as well, because as every child knows it’s the name of the scientist, like Doctor Who is the name of the series. Everyone from Boris Karloff to Benedict Cumberbatch is featured in this, though perhaps not Frankie Stein from Monster Fun.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Nothing else on today, and this is technically tomorrow, but these days it doesn’t matter as your recorder can be whirring away overnight. Kicking off three fine shows, followed by the documentaries on Northern Soul and Ladybird Books, the highlight is the snazzy performance of Nightshift by The Commodores where the singer and keyboard player swap jobs halfway through.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Sandbaggers, The', Ant says: "Never shown on a Sunday, always a Monday at 9pm."
- In 'Zokko', Astronut says: "Score 15. Tramp-o-line."
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Richard16378 says: "At a guess: Salt & Vinegar Cheese & Onion Roast Beef Smokey Bacon"
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Graham Pearson says: "The 1983 incarnation of Smiths Crisps had five different flavours including Ready Salted. Please can you tell me what the..."
- In 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil, The', Barbersmith says: "I recently saw the repeat of this. It really is Christ-awful. Tom Baker does one of the worst drunk scenes ever seen, and the..."