Twenty years on from Ghostwatch (which of course isn’t being repeated), Channel Four take up the witching hour to profile one of horror’s most iconic characters – and their monster, as well, because as every child knows it’s the name of the scientist, like Doctor Who is the name of the series. Everyone from Boris Karloff to Benedict Cumberbatch is featured in this, though perhaps not Frankie Stein from Monster Fun.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
As Rob Jones points out, “Been great watching these, hasn’t it? Some odd choices for top middle though – Sabrina Franklyn? Sandra Dickinson? Does the established seating plan stand up to scrutiny, I’m wondering?” Indeed, though we can tell you last week’s set a record that we don’t think will be beaten as four of the panellists are now dead, one of whom was Wendy Richard, “soon to star in a new series called The East Enders, which is like Emmerdale Farm with eels!”, who helped the contestant win a ZX Spectrum. What valuable historical documents these are.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Film on Four: First Love ', pemory says: "Greg: It’s been three years since you posted your question, but I too have been looking for the titles of all of the First Love films..."
- In 'Barratt Homes ', Sarah Hall says: "My dad worked for them for a while."
- In 'Right Charlie', Chris Mann says: "I remember his tagline “Right kids?” which drew the standard response – a roar of “right Charlie”. That is, until they..."
- In 'Words and Pictures', Ian A says: "Oh how I remember the Hallowe’en episode, that Jack O Lantern scared me to death as a young lad!! Would really love to view it again (and the..."
- In '41) “Comes with a free Catherine wheel!”', Richard16378 says: "These were great, & it helped that nostalga for the 1970s was big at the time it was made, so a..."