Twenty years on from Ghostwatch (which of course isn’t being repeated), Channel Four take up the witching hour to profile one of horror’s most iconic characters – and their monster, as well, because as every child knows it’s the name of the scientist, like Doctor Who is the name of the series. Everyone from Boris Karloff to Benedict Cumberbatch is featured in this, though perhaps not Frankie Stein from Monster Fun.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Could there be a more reassuring voice to enjoy while tucked up in bed? We reckon it’s an inspired choice to get Moira to fill the old David Jacobs spot for the next three months because as well as her terribly mellifluous voice she’s also a huge fan of jazz and is going to filling these shows with plenty of smooth sounds, which sounds pretty ace late night listening to us.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Pages from Ceefax', Mick says: "BBC Micro graphics ordered to resemble mid-70s resolutions and typeset for in-computer compatibility using bolt-on tuner. Interesting case of..."
- In 'Paddington', Mick says: "When Mr. Curry barges into the family’s new ‘shedna’ to hog its maiden voyage, Paddington pours snow down the chimney in well-deserved..."
- In 'Five to Eleven', Mick says: "Well, come on, it made me think. Titles came on, I’d say ‘Right, nearly lunchtime’."
- In 'Open All Hours', Mick says: "2013 remake as fresh and sharp as the best of them, to great relief and surprise. G-G-Granville taking over miser duties in perhaps the wise move of..."
- In 'Monkees, The', Mick says: "I remember that thanks to the spread of quality repeats for kids back then. So my considerable expectations of these Beatlemania-riding funboys were..."