We got a bit nervous the other week when Reece Shearsmith did that documentary on Radio Four, but his mate Mark is back to take up his mantle as the media’s go-to guy for all things horrible, here marking Halloween (just about) with this special looking at frights from the continent, much of which appears to be absolutely demented.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
These days we’re all used to double and even triple bills of live football most Sundays but back in 1990 the idea of watching two live domestic games in one day was absolutely amazing, let alone those live games being FA Cup semi-finals which before than had never been shown live before (bar the special case of the previous year’s post-Hillsborough match between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest). Then to top it all, the two games turned out to be among the most exciting in the history of the competition, as we’ll see here.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Andrew Dexter says: "I also seem to recall the announcement of Karl Wallenda’s death on Blue Peter in March 1978, they did indeed show the clip, quite..."
- In 'Crackerjack', jabberwocky says: "This isn’t the first time I’ve come across an article on here purporting to be amusing, but isn’t. Where does TV Cream get..."
- In 'Maths-In-A-Box', Matthew says: "Is there anywhere we can see clips from this? I can find any on YouTube!!"
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "Great news, I wonder if they will dig out Dear John next."
- In 'Hickory House', Graham Pearson says: "Was there an episode which had Alan singing “Three Blind Mice” and he was accompanied."