We got a bit nervous the other week when Reece Shearsmith did that documentary on Radio Four, but his mate Mark is back to take up his mantle as the media’s go-to guy for all things horrible, here marking Halloween (just about) with this special looking at frights from the continent, much of which appears to be absolutely demented.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Friday, 23.00, BBC Radio 4 Extra
The fact this programme is being repeated was a news story on Media Guardian the other day, seemingly based on someone reading the Radio Times and spotting it, though they did a better job than we did because it actually started last week and we didn’t notice. It’s the first repeat this side of the millennium and, you’ll note, rather earlier than the original broadcast, though we hear it’s only a five part series because there are contractual complications over whether show six, the one that famously got faded out after fifteen minutes, is actually a proper episode or not. Still, at least you can upgrade your mp3s of the other ones.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In '24) “What kind of a thing is happening here?”', neu75 says: "The very best bit is the England bench’s reaction to the equaliser against Poland. Priceless…"
- In '7) “The skeleton of… a chicken!”', neu75 says: "Amuses me when the journos wax lyrical about American TV drama these days being so dark. To quote the 6th Doctor..."
- In 'Vertical Hold, Fiddling With The', David Nelson says: "Sadly Johnnyboy , I’m still watching in Black and white"
- In 'Good Morning Britain', Applemask says: "IT’S BACK BITCHES. Nation shrugs as one. Awesome theme tune almost certainly won’t return."
- In '7) “The skeleton of… a chicken!”', Martin M says: "The stuff of my teenage insomnia – watched it again a few years back to see if it still had the same impact..."