Stuff you’d only get on Radio Four part 2364 – a drama about S4C! Of course it’s the thirtieth anniversary of both that and its English language brother this week but while the current Channel Four, never knowingly interesting, isn’t doing anything about it, it looks like S4C are churning out the clips most nights and showing programmes voted for by viewers – and brilliantly, the schedules all have “subsequent programmes are subject to change” disclaimers, so clearly they don’t know what they’re going to be showing and how long it’ll be. The only English celebrations of this penblwydd hapus are here, which tells the true story of how Gwynfor Evans went on a hunger strike until the Government promised there’d be a Welsh TV channel.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Once as much a part of the festive season as Bond and Carry On, the Wackers were almost as famous on film as they were on record, so here’s another airing for the documentary that discusses their merits – including Magical Mystery Tour, even though that’s technically not a film – with pundits including the great Mark Lewisohn.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Grumbleweeds Radio Show, The', Mick says: "There were also many funny sketches but I’m not sure they were willing or able to differentiate. I have a BBC album which is..."
- In '4) “Your tone is antagonistic and you’re making me very angry!”', Richard Davies says: "I recently rewatched The Day Today & this is one of the funnier moments,..."
- In 'Water Margin, The', IanW1968 says: "aah ha sa chaa naa eeee!"
- In 'Man About the House', IanW1968 says: "I just watched all of the 4th, 5th and 6th series on youtube, it’s still brilliant. Robin’s buying a piano off Roper. Robin:..."
- In '4) “Your tone is antagonistic and you’re making me very angry!”', Alan B says: "Surely nobody has ever looked at rolling news with anything other than contempt..."