Stuff you’d only get on Radio Four part 2364 – a drama about S4C! Of course it’s the thirtieth anniversary of both that and its English language brother this week but while the current Channel Four, never knowingly interesting, isn’t doing anything about it, it looks like S4C are churning out the clips most nights and showing programmes voted for by viewers – and brilliantly, the schedules all have “subsequent programmes are subject to change” disclaimers, so clearly they don’t know what they’re going to be showing and how long it’ll be. The only English celebrations of this penblwydd hapus are here, which tells the true story of how Gwynfor Evans went on a hunger strike until the Government promised there’d be a Welsh TV channel.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Where the Spies Are ', George White says: "The new Man from UNCLE is very vanilla, and the two leads are charisma vacuums. A David Menkin has been in a noir short by Madtv writer..."
- In 'Spaceballs ', George White says: "mel brooks is returning to make a slasher called PIzzaman – not the Diamond DALLAS Page/Joe Eckhardt film..."
- In 'Photo clippage: Lynam special', George White says: "DOes anyone besides my mum remember Cher being a nightmare on Wogan promoting Mermaids (written by Paddy Dann of Susan..."
- In 'Waterloo Sunset', George White says: "Isn’t Swiftnick from DIck Turpin in it? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1542023/?ref_=fn_tt_tt _1 THis UK short seems to be a homage// Sissy..."
- In 'Prime Cut ', George White says: "ins’t GH called Mary Ann in it? Spacek’s nephew Mark recently remade Waterloo Sunset."