Stuff you’d only get on Radio Four part 2364 – a drama about S4C! Of course it’s the thirtieth anniversary of both that and its English language brother this week but while the current Channel Four, never knowingly interesting, isn’t doing anything about it, it looks like S4C are churning out the clips most nights and showing programmes voted for by viewers – and brilliantly, the schedules all have “subsequent programmes are subject to change” disclaimers, so clearly they don’t know what they’re going to be showing and how long it’ll be. The only English celebrations of this penblwydd hapus are here, which tells the true story of how Gwynfor Evans went on a hunger strike until the Government promised there’d be a Welsh TV channel.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
The TV That Made Me Tuesday, 15.45, BBC1 Today there’s a rather awkward Sandi Toksvig double bill as she’s hosting Fifteen to One at the same time, but some more interesting guests later in the week. Natalie Cassidy is on Wednesday who’s a bit younger than the rest so we should get a different perspective, […]
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Agaton Sax', THX 1139 says: "When the BBC showed the Kenneth Williams-voiced cartoon, they cut off the opening titles to each episode. Now YouTube reveals why: Agaton Sax appears..."
- In 'Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, The', THX 1139 says: "I have a strong early memory of seeing a Robinson Crusoe programme in colour, but everywhere says this series was in black and..."
- In 'Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, The', Damon says: "I must’ve watched this in about 1978-ish when I was 7 or 8. I loved it. I think it may well have been the Saturday morning..."
- In '60 70 80 Show, The', Damon says: "Hudd at front, couple of sidekickcs with him, some humour, old people sitting around on tables in the well-likt studio as if it were a kind of cafe..."
- In 'Horses Galore', Droogie says: "I remember Susan King well. As a kid I had a horse-obsessed cousin called Joanne, and always had to sit through this show if it was on whenever I was..."