Stuff you’d only get on Radio Four part 2364 – a drama about S4C! Of course it’s the thirtieth anniversary of both that and its English language brother this week but while the current Channel Four, never knowingly interesting, isn’t doing anything about it, it looks like S4C are churning out the clips most nights and showing programmes voted for by viewers – and brilliantly, the schedules all have “subsequent programmes are subject to change” disclaimers, so clearly they don’t know what they’re going to be showing and how long it’ll be. The only English celebrations of this penblwydd hapus are here, which tells the true story of how Gwynfor Evans went on a hunger strike until the Government promised there’d be a Welsh TV channel.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Horror Express ', George White says: "Awesome fare, brilliantly fun – Savalas manages to steal it from the magnificent two. The same sets were used in Savalas spaghetti western..."
- In 'If It’s Wednesday, It Must Be…', Elise Camp says: "What about the inveterate Irish barfly? Oliver Shamus Hugh Squire. Now say it slurred,thanks to Benny Green. A..."
- In 'Organist Entertains, The', Gary says: "I always refer to it as “The Organist Entertains Question Mark”."
- In 'Screen Test', Richard16378 says: "Especially as the Hanna-Barbera Laurel & Hardy cartoons were never far from Children’s BBC schedules at the time."
- In 'Screen Test', David Smith says: "Used to amuse me when they had a round featuring “our old friends Laurel and Hardy”, and Michael would always say “When Ollie..."