A surprisingly positive episode last week – with Vine happy to dump on the Beeb on other platforms instead – though we’ll assume the drama students who demanded more sitcoms on the telly haven’t yet got to the part of their course where they discuss stage presence, such was their dull delivery.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
“Careful Penny, I think you might have started a little bit too high!” The repeats of post-watershed Burps have returned to this channel, as we spotted too late to warn you that the first series was being shown last week, though you can see them again this weekend. But this is the one we’re particularly interested to see again, the second series from 2003, shown in double bills every night until Thursday, and including the majestic At Home With The Pop Idol Judges. Lord alone knows what latecomers to the series will make of it, especially the one where they just got bored of it and sang Crazy In Love in its entirety, which made us cry with laughter at the time.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Richard16378 says: "I got a lot more of the references the 2nd & 3rd times I watched it,..."
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Rob Free says: "I used to watch this over and over on VHS. I loved the the little cameos from..."
- In '26) “I don’t do French, I do woodwork!”', Richard16378 says: "You are spot on about Victoria Wood being ahead of her time spoofing documentaries. The washed out..."
- In '46) “Radio 1 disc jockey Mark Goodier!”', Richard16378 says: "I really liked The Day Today, most of it has stood the test of time without becoming overly dated, certainly..."
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Richard16378 says: "Possibly Harry Enfield’s finest 45 minutes, a laugh out loud moment..."