A surprisingly positive episode last week – with Vine happy to dump on the Beeb on other platforms instead – though we’ll assume the drama students who demanded more sitcoms on the telly haven’t yet got to the part of their course where they discuss stage presence, such was their dull delivery.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Once as much a part of the festive season as Bond and Carry On, the Wackers were almost as famous on film as they were on record, so here’s another airing for the documentary that discusses their merits – including Magical Mystery Tour, even though that’s technically not a film – with pundits including the great Mark Lewisohn.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Emu’s Brand New Pink Windmill Show/World', Mick says: "That Grotbags just needed a damn good seeing-to, that’s all she needed."
- In 'Tomorrow’s World', Mick says: "Before boring my childish mind to tears with non-stop medicines, miracle cures and other trivia, I delighted at the robots, gadgets and jumble..."
- In 'Then Churchill Said To Me…', Mick says: "I wouldn’t say it was dreadful, as such. Though it didn’t have the body and sparkle of Up Pompeii, itself flogged to death,..."
- In 'Grumbleweeds Radio Show, The', Mick says: "There were also many funny sketches but I’m not sure they were willing or able to differentiate. I have a BBC album which is..."
- In '4) “Your tone is antagonistic and you’re making me very angry!”', Richard Davies says: "I recently rewatched The Day Today & this is one of the funnier moments,..."