Here’s someone we haven’t seen for a while, Stewpot, last seen on this channel almost exactly a year ago inviting us to get a pencil and paper ready to write down our suggested names for their new dance troupe. He’d done another episode since then but we didn’t see that because it was wiped, and this is his last hurrah before concentrating on the juvenile end of the market. Unfortunately we don’t get any punk, which is a shame as we’d love to see how he’d have dealt with the likes of The Adverts, but we do have Donna Summer’s trillionth single of the year.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Friday, 23.00, BBC Radio 4 Extra
The fact this programme is being repeated was a news story on Media Guardian the other day, seemingly based on someone reading the Radio Times and spotting it, though they did a better job than we did because it actually started last week and we didn’t notice. It’s the first repeat this side of the millennium and, you’ll note, rather earlier than the original broadcast, though we hear it’s only a five part series because there are contractual complications over whether show six, the one that famously got faded out after fifteen minutes, is actually a proper episode or not. Still, at least you can upgrade your mp3s of the other ones.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In '4) “Your tone is antagonistic and you’re making me very angry!”', Alan B says: "Surely nobody has ever looked at rolling news with anything other than contempt..."
- In '24) “What kind of a thing is happening here?”', neu75 says: "The very best bit is the England bench’s reaction to the equaliser against Poland. Priceless…"
- In '7) “The skeleton of… a chicken!”', neu75 says: "Amuses me when the journos wax lyrical about American TV drama these days being so dark. To quote the 6th Doctor..."
- In 'Vertical Hold, Fiddling With The', David Nelson says: "Sadly Johnnyboy , I’m still watching in Black and white"
- In 'Good Morning Britain', Applemask says: "IT’S BACK BITCHES. Nation shrugs as one. Awesome theme tune almost certainly won’t return."