Here’s someone we haven’t seen for a while, Stewpot, last seen on this channel almost exactly a year ago inviting us to get a pencil and paper ready to write down our suggested names for their new dance troupe. He’d done another episode since then but we didn’t see that because it was wiped, and this is his last hurrah before concentrating on the juvenile end of the market. Unfortunately we don’t get any punk, which is a shame as we’d love to see how he’d have dealt with the likes of The Adverts, but we do have Donna Summer’s trillionth single of the year.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
When we walked past MediaCityUK a few months back we were amused to see that there’s a big picture of Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie in one of the windows and then right next to it is a tiny picture of Marc Riley, rather replicating the concept of Scrawn and Lard’s much-missed double act. Here’s Marc back on the Home Service, though, introducing a new series of archive clippage, first picking out interviews with Bowie from 1977 and Iggy Pop from 1990.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Chocky/Chocky’s Children/Chocky’s Challenge', Scott McPhee says: "I watched Chocky when it was first shown. One thing I remember, was that Matthew got kidnapped. He was..."
- In 'A-Team, The', Scott McPhee says: "I can’t say that I was a big fan of The A-Team. I grew bored of it very quickly. Then, in primary school, my class spent a term doing media..."
- In 'Top of the Pops’ Christmas Party', HardcorePrawn says: "Looking at Peter Powell’s body language, in that picture of him with Jimmy Savile, suggests that he may have had some..."
- In 'Harold Lloyd, The World of', Droogie says: "Sounds like TV Cream are getting confused with their facts (again). Pete Smith was responsible for the Pete Smith Speciality series of his..."
- In 'Lift Off with Ayesha', noel cameron says: "I played a classical guitar piece om Lift Off in 1975. It was hosted by Lynsay de Sykes and Smokey were on the show and Stuart Mason who..."