Here’s someone we haven’t seen for a while, Stewpot, last seen on this channel almost exactly a year ago inviting us to get a pencil and paper ready to write down our suggested names for their new dance troupe. He’d done another episode since then but we didn’t see that because it was wiped, and this is his last hurrah before concentrating on the juvenile end of the market. Unfortunately we don’t get any punk, which is a shame as we’d love to see how he’d have dealt with the likes of The Adverts, but we do have Donna Summer’s trillionth single of the year.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Last one of these, we think, and it’s Spike Milligan. We wonder if they’ll feature his appearance on Wogan where he arrived on stage in a wheelchair and totally freaked us out (and we seem to recall generated complaints for mocking the disabled) or indeed another appearance, which we see is on YouTube, where the chat is interrupted by a member of the audience running on stage to get some publicity for the rag week he’s running, to Spike’s obvious irritation. He was very funny in interviews as well, though, too, as we’ll see.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Horses Galore', Droogie says: "I remember Susan King well. As a kid I had a horse-obsessed cousin called Joanne, and always had to sit through this show if it was on whenever I was..."
- In 'Victor Lewis-Smith', THX 1139 says: "The editing on these shows was quite brilliant, maybe the best thing about it because though it was very funny in places, you couldn’t..."
- In 'Picture Box', Graham Pearson says: "Picture Box was the most memorable ITV schools programme particularly at the time Alan Rothwell presented. He became available for presenting..."
- In 'Wattoo Wattoo: Superbird', Applemask says: "Who’s she marrying? Haven’t you heard?"
- In 'Naked Video', David Smith says: "The end credits for the latter series replaced the roaring Thatcher with John Major as a buck toothed mouse, I recall…"