Here’s someone we haven’t seen for a while, Stewpot, last seen on this channel almost exactly a year ago inviting us to get a pencil and paper ready to write down our suggested names for their new dance troupe. He’d done another episode since then but we didn’t see that because it was wiped, and this is his last hurrah before concentrating on the juvenile end of the market. Unfortunately we don’t get any punk, which is a shame as we’d love to see how he’d have dealt with the likes of The Adverts, but we do have Donna Summer’s trillionth single of the year.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Tuesday, 11.30, BBC Radio 4
“Feed the birds, tuppence a bag! Two pence! And yet today, a good wholemeal loaf would set you back fifty or sixty pence!” Ah, Trevor and Simon, they have a quote for every occasion. Not that anyone else ever knows who we’re quoting. Anyway, the series that looks at music of all kinds with particular emotional resonance this week alights on Feed The Birds, which has mutated over the years from a bit of fluff in a Disney film to a song some people find extremely comforting.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Palitoy says: "I’m loving the recent trend for high-concept/obscure subject matter for Radio 4 plays. All very ‘Cream’ flavoured. Johnny..."
- In 'As seen on TV: Victoria Wood', George White says: "They were part of the sort of “folkie”tradition alongside Billy Connolly, Max Boyce, John Cooper Clarke, etc, people..."
- In 'As seen on TV: Victoria Wood', Glenn Aylett says: "Victoria Wood had none of the sneering and contempt the alternative comedians had for the mass audience and this is how she became..."
- In 'As seen on TV: Victoria Wood', Richard16378 says: "Dinnerladies was a real favourite of mine, & a few years ago me & my girlfriend watched it all again over a weekend. She..."
- In 'Finders Keepers', George White says: "Also not to be confused with various same-titled films and webseries and other TV series…"