Back in its spiritual home, it was rather convenient that The Sky at Night happened to fall last week because for the first time in five months we’ve had a wiped week, rather unhappily losing the only ever Top of the Pops appearance of Television, which means that this episode here is a bit similar in its line-up to the last one we saw, though it’ll seem a bit livelier with Kid Jensen in charge, and there’s a stone cold new wave classic tonight as well. Also, we got it wrong last time but we definitely lose the cold open this week with the charts being first thing again, which is a shame as we thought that was quite slick.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Second part of this, where our hero moves slightly more towards the mainstream and starts penning film soundtracks, including the likes of Flashdance and Top Gun, plus of course The Never Ending Story which means we get to enjoy Limahl nestling alongside the rest of the heavyweight contributors, plus another film where his soundtrack is probably about a hundred times more famous now than the actual film. It’s the title of this programme, for a start.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Bread', Applemask says: "Not COMPLETELY worthless, as it represented something close to genuine working-class life in the midst of Thatcher’s imperial phase. I have a lot of..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "“The Never Ending Story” is still one of my favourite songs and the video for the hit is brilliant. Pity Limahl had to get a female..."
- In 'Trimphone impersonators', RiotSloth says: "Of course, perhaps the most famous Trimphone imitator is a personal hero of mine, Ed Reardon…"
- In 'Bullseye', watabi says: "Jack Anory… i have just been watching an old episode of catchphrase and reminiscing about old quiz shows and i recounted a very clear memory of the two..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "I don’t object to what the BBC wants to do, I merely object to being forced to pay through the nose to fund it with next to no say on its..."