Yeah, yeah, the adverts, but the coverage of this event has been pretty good and some of the new faces C4 have brought to our screens have been very impressive, Alex Brooker’s obvious delight in being there the best moment of the Opening Ceremony, Daraine Mulvihill being lovely and Arthur Williams, a man who’s only just started presenting, easily outshining his colleague Georgie Bingham whose presentational style is hugely distracting with her weird faces and inability to decide if she wears glasses or not. The Opening Ceremony was a bit more traditional than the Olympics equivalent but it was still a fantastic spectacle, and this’ll doubtless be the same, and after that it really is the end of it and nothing this interesting will happen again for years. Er, apart from tomorrow, obviously.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Been a shitty week for deaths, one of the saddest being Trevor Bolder of the Spiders of Mars, which adds extra poignancy to this big new documentary. In it they’re going to take five turning points in the career of Dave Bowie of The Dave Bowie Band, and though we don’t think he’s interviewed for it, seemingly everyone who’s ever worked with him is and there are loads of rare clips.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Gerry Dorrian says: "Yuo, it’s been a shitty week for deaths."
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Droogie says: "Am I alone in thinking Colin Crompton bore an uncanny resemblance to Frank Skinner?"
- In 'Wacky Races', Des E says: "Did Will and Joe intend to make more than 17 episodes (and hence more than 34 races), or is it possible that they *deliberately* left it to the viewers to..."
- In 'Who Pays the Ferryman?', Applemask says: "DON’T EVEN FIX A PRICE"
- In 'Wheeltappers and Shunters Social Club, The', Applemask says: "Clarification: Manning wasn’t deceased at the time"