Looks like they’ve had to re-edit the trailers to point out this is actually a comedy, thanks to a host of stupid people tweeting that they can’t believe that they’re the only people who’d noticed the name sounded a bit rude. Why would they have called it that if they were being serious? Engage brains, people! What it is, natch, is the latest production from Charlie Brooker which takes the piss out of everything in an Airplane-esque fashion, and to really hammer the point home, tomorrow’s second episode is followed by Airplane itself. Should be ace anyway.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Iain Banks – Raw Spirit
Tuesday, 22.00, BBC2
Tragically this final ever interview with one of the most influential and popular authors of the last few decades, recorded a few weeks ago, now has to be screened posthumously. Viewers in Scotland will have seen it last week and now the rest of the UK gets the chance, albeit in slightly truncated form.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Jay, Ricky', Applemask says: "Actually a really, really good magician and historian of magic and grifting. Also quite a handy actor, and delivered the opening narration to..."
- In 'Big D Nut Displays', Applemask says: "Albeit an advent calendar celebrating the birth of tits rather than Christ."
- In 'Energy Saving Campaigns', Applemask says: "David Waddington the forgotten Home Secretary?"
- In 'National Garages ', Applemask says: "Father Abraham was an opportunist who never really had anything to do with the Smurfs beyond employing them to make him money."
- In 'Wimpy Bars', Applemask says: "You’re right, that is hilarious."