Well, this is a big surprise because we don’t think it’s ever been shown on television! We know what it is, though, it’s a pilot for a pop show presented by Reeves and Mortimer, recorded in early 1993 and featuring performances and interviews with Cud, Kym Mazelle and Nick Heyward. Referred to by one book as “the great lost Vic and Bob show”, apparently it’s very funny and Channel Four wanted to commission it to run all year round, according to Bob anyway, but the pair signed to the Beeb a few weeks later and that was the end of that. Better have a look at it, we suppose. Also in the small hours as C4′s comedy season continues is VHS favourite Steve Coogan Live’n'Lewd at twenty to midnight and the acme of It Was Better On The Radio with jam at quarter to one.
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Been a shitty week for deaths, one of the saddest being Trevor Bolder of the Spiders of Mars, which adds extra poignancy to this big new documentary. In it they’re going to take five turning points in the career of Dave Bowie of The Dave Bowie Band, and though we don’t think he’s interviewed for it, seemingly everyone who’s ever worked with him is and there are loads of rare clips.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'McCloud', Applemask says: "Chief?"
- In 'Mann’s Best Friends', Applemask says: "Was the main character called “Ian Mann”?"
- In 'Man About the House', Applemask says: "“What’s on the box? Man About the House with Paula Wilcox”."
- In 'Make ‘Em Laugh', Applemask says: "Hey, fuck you, voiceover man, it was Harold who did the real work, and you know it, you pussy!"
- In 'Ligmalion', Applemask says: "Jason Carter was indeed in Babylon 5."