“BUT IT’S got pipes in!”
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
We know 1973 was a shit Christmas because of the three day week but at least the telly was alright, whereas in 1974 it was pretty hopeless because the Beeb ran out of money and, as the BBC handbook points out, the Christmas schedule had to be “greatly modified for economic reasons”, stuffed full of films and repeats and then weakened still further with Morecambe and Wise having a year off. A suitably miserable chart topper to accompany it all, which we’ll hear in the second hour, after a skip through 1964.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Richard16378 says: "I got a lot more of the references the 2nd & 3rd times I watched it,..."
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Rob Free says: "I used to watch this over and over on VHS. I loved the the little cameos from..."
- In '26) “I don’t do French, I do woodwork!”', Richard16378 says: "You are spot on about Victoria Wood being ahead of her time spoofing documentaries. The washed out..."
- In '46) “Radio 1 disc jockey Mark Goodier!”', Richard16378 says: "I really liked The Day Today, most of it has stood the test of time without becoming overly dated, certainly..."
- In '29) “That’s what I did last night, anyway, here’s Hawkwind!”', Richard16378 says: "Possibly Harry Enfield’s finest 45 minutes, a laugh out loud moment..."