FIVE MINUTE cartoon fillers featuring recidivist wooden fish swimming in a river with swishy cellophane plants. Plotline rarely changed: Fergus’s mother (equipped with long lacy trailing bits) would leave, and give him a list of things not to do while she was out, to which he would reply “Yes mummy, No, mummy” in a burbly, must-be-a-fish voice. Then when she was gone, he’d do them all and get in trouble again.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
We’re delighted to report that the advent crown is back on Blue Peter, Radzi introducing it two weeks ago by pointing out it first appeared on the show fifty years ago and this year’s incarnation keeps the original design, although they’re now using battery- operated candles. It seems that after a wobbly few years Blue Peter is happy to embrace its traditions again and so the Christmas show, which this is, now has more or less all the familiar aspects presents and correct including the Christmas crib and the Salvation Army Band (Salford branch, mind, rather than Chalk Farm), and usually on a large scale whether that’s outside or in MediaCity reception. The only problem is the date but that’s Christmas on a Thursday for you. Wonder if it’ll be on Christmas Eve next year?
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Applemask says: "When Blue Peter dies, a part of Britain dies with it. Talking of Advent Crowns, you didn’t even put any snow on the logo this year. What is..."
- In '1990', Applemask says: "The Only Fools and Horses episode is also notable for being “Rodney Come Home”, one of the most relentlessly bleak programmes ever to be broadcast..."
- In 'The six worst Christmas Radio Times covers', FishyFish says: "I hate the ‘Legendary’ tag. It’s not the lost city of Atlantis, King Arthur, or Jason and the..."
- In '1979', Applemask says: "Literally no-one really thinks the Richard Lester/GM Fraser Musketeers was terrible. The 1989 sequel that killed Roy Kinnear wasn’t very good, but the..."
- In 'The six worst TV Times Christmas covers', TV Cream says: "Des, you’re right! Fixed the date."