GEOFFREY PALMER more or less exported Jimmy off of FALL AND RISE OF REGINALD PERRIN into Harry Truscott for this decent enough saga of incompetent right-wing rabblerousing militia full of more undesirables (in Hazza’s eyes) than there are to fight in the “real” world. Terribly hush hush, don’t you know. JEREMY SINDEN, LIZ FRASER and RAY WINSTONE among the “wet leftie feminist loonies”.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Turns out we’re getting a fully-fledged series out of this programme from a decade ago, though having seen the first one we’re pleased to report that they’ve managed to get it down from three hours to two by, hooray, editing out all the Dead Ringers sketches. Apologies if they turn up in this one, mind.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Irish RM, The', George White says: "Grandad worked on this, in Ireland. Bowles is a nice bloke apparently."
- In 'Who, What, When', George White says: "Dark Season Dr. Who-it Simon Fenton is the Doctor, incarnated as a teenager when the Time Lords finally track him down. Exiled in the form of..."
- In 'Zokko', Paul Hughes says: "I Remember Zokko, I’m sure it always used to finish with the phrase ‘Zokko, score ten, game over’ Didn’t it also feature Ali Bongo..."
- In 'Fast Forward', Richard16378 says: "I used to like the way the logo would turn into a racing car & zoom off. For some reason a clip of a lizard walking on water would randomly..."
- In 'To Live and Die in LA ', Vic Shortman says: "Isn’t the “fuck a baker” line spoken by nominal hero William Petersen to his pet grass Darlanne Fleugel? I always liked..."