‘SOME POSHOS OFF THE RADIO’ – ie Emma Thompson and the Who Dares Wins lot – perform a bunch of old Douglas Adams/Clive Anderson/Griff Rhys-Jones Not The Nine O’Clock News-esque revue sketches and get mistaken for naughty ‘alternative’ comedians (and asked to make a ‘proper’ album to boot). Letters of outrage to Feedback ensue, as in fact do several major careers in heavyweight drama.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Saturday, 10.00, BBC Radio 4
A rather higher profile edition of this series than usual as the artist who’s talking John Wilson through his inspirations and working methods is none other than Macca himself. With an hour to play with they’re not limiting themselves to a single LP but the highs of his post-Fabs ouevre, and there’s a celebrity audience all eager to ask the great man questions as well.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "This has been up for a week is there a glitch or most of TVC on holiday?"
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #4', Des E says: "Grandstand’s probably going to win fairly comfortably, so I’ve given the ‘busters a consolation vote. Hopefully, though,..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #3', TV Cream says: "Dunno what happened with the voting function on this one. Sorry, everybody! We’re just going to tally the Twitter votes instead,..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #4', Richard16378 says: "Tough choice, but Grandstand just squeezed through, helped by being used on that Vincent Price film about roller coasters that..."
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #3', Des E says: "Hey! Can’t we vote here or is it all being done on Twitter on this occasion?"