A well-drilled team of young men and women performing an intricately choreographed burlesque version of Tropical Heatwave while three middle aged couples ponder what exactly Bertice Reading meant by leaving them a scale model of a Routemaster bus? It can only be 321, and the capable hoofers under the aegis of a former member of The Young Generation, Brian Rogers. Note for pedants: they’re only the Brian Rogers Connection when they’re doing a full-on cabaret routine – when they’re just prancing about to the latest waxing (eg. on Live at Her Majesty’s) they’re simply The Brian Rogers Dancers. Very important, that. Rogers, incidentally, now runs his own performing arts college in Essex, along with his wife Jan, herself former member of the Connection, as well as ‘vocal group Champagne’.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Shame it didn’t start five minutes earlier. This is clearly outside the Cream era but it’s a fascinating document all the same, and made for intriguing viewing when this channel last showed it a decade ago. Only three hours exist, and it’s not three consecutive hours either, so there are slightly odd bits where it fades to black and it’s suddenly four hours later, but as an example of the conventions of fifties telly in particular and society in general it’s well worth a watch. David Butler and Bob McKenzie are still around, although in those days they spent as much time explaining how the election worked as what it all meant.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Sandbaggers, The', Ant says: "Never shown on a Sunday, always a Monday at 9pm."
- In 'Zokko', Astronut says: "Score 15. Tramp-o-line."
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Richard16378 says: "At a guess: Salt & Vinegar Cheese & Onion Roast Beef Smokey Bacon"
- In 'James Bond Digital Alarm Watches', Graham Pearson says: "The 1983 incarnation of Smiths Crisps had five different flavours including Ready Salted. Please can you tell me what the..."
- In 'Life and Loves of a She-Devil, The', Barbersmith says: "I recently saw the repeat of this. It really is Christ-awful. Tom Baker does one of the worst drunk scenes ever seen, and the..."