Sure, with modern technology even the most technophobic teacher can knock up a perfectly attractive handout in moments, and print out hundreds of copies at the click of a mouse – but they don’t have the special charm of the hand-cranked copiers that allowed for a smelly, feely, felt-tipped copy to be distributed around the class. The most obvious use of the duplicator was creating worksheets to ensure the latest school trip wasn’t just going to be an opportunity to mess about, but instead a spirit-crushing dreary traipse in search of boring facts about each exhibit. Back when graduating from a pencil to a pen was a major watershed, the excitement of the duplicator from a pupil’s point of view was possibly the first experience for many of the ‘forbidden’ adult stationary product Tipp-Ex covering up a slip of the pen. Truly the duplicator inspired a generation of temps.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Oh yeah, this is back, as well. And later than ever as well, with the whole series seemingly being shown around this time, and this bumper extended episode – the longest one since it came back, we think – even creeping past the watershed, which is a bit of a jolt when in previous series the Beeb have always seemed extremely reluctant to put it on any later than the very youngest viewers can see it. Looks like there’s a change of heart with the new grumpy Doctor though we don’t doubt it’ll still be fun for the whole family and Peter Capaldi’s performance will be immaculate.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Longest Day, The ', Morgan says: "“…. And if your in doubt about who’s on the other side of that wall, here’s a cricket thingy.” Can’t help but..."
- In 'Grand Prix ', Morgan says: "Severely disturbing scene of the mortality of the 60′s motor racer, rendered ridiculous by previous shoots of a boiler suit stuffed with socks,..."
- In 'Goodfellas ', Morgan says: "Watch out for the bit when the news of Tommy’s whacking reaches Jimmy, who in turn whacks the telephone booth and the prop falls over off camera...."
- In 'You Gotta Be Jokin’!', Richard16378 says: "It’s sounds like I dodged a bullet by somehow missing this. The BBC’s LE Dept had a few clunkers around this time, the..."
- In 'Final Conflict: Omen III ', Morgan says: "The monk assassins are hilarious like a cross between The Gang That Couldn’t Shoot Straight and The Goodies, try watching the TV..."