Sure, with modern technology even the most technophobic teacher can knock up a perfectly attractive handout in moments, and print out hundreds of copies at the click of a mouse – but they don’t have the special charm of the hand-cranked copiers that allowed for a smelly, feely, felt-tipped copy to be distributed around the class. The most obvious use of the duplicator was creating worksheets to ensure the latest school trip wasn’t just going to be an opportunity to mess about, but instead a spirit-crushing dreary traipse in search of boring facts about each exhibit. Back when graduating from a pencil to a pen was a major watershed, the excitement of the duplicator from a pupil’s point of view was possibly the first experience for many of the ‘forbidden’ adult stationary product Tipp-Ex covering up a slip of the pen. Truly the duplicator inspired a generation of temps.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
This week’s news has had no impact on this run which continues in much the same way as it’s done for the past two years with various shows being skipped along the way, as has been the case here so there’s a bit of repetition to put up with but still some ace new stuff as well. The extended versions is still billed as such but it’s down here in a half hour slot so we’re assuming it’s only a few minutes longer and they’re rounding down, maybe Blankety Blank had a particularly long tie-breaker that week. We also hear from Sue from Legs & Co – not personally, mind – that apparently 1980’s got the green light, which if true will be fantastic news and will take the repeats past four years. Didn’t even think we’d make it to a fourth week.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Medusa Touch, The', iMatt says: "The courtroom scene was pretty good too. And the bit when he argues with wife and her new lover (played by Jeremy Brett)."
- In 'McCloud', iMatt says: "Pretty much inspired by Coogan’s Bluff starring Clint Eastwood?"
- In 'Paddles Up', Graham says: "Watching Paddles Up was very educational and I believe young people do white water rafting in Northampton."
- In 'Brass', Damian says: "It’s BLACKGUARD-not ‘blaggard’."
- In 'The Official Doctor Who Fan Club returns', ann marie louuise white says: "I am biggest fan in the world be course I love doctor who Matthew Robert Smith he is so lovely young Man in..."