CEREBRAL DOWNER after the Supermarionation splendour of CAPTAIN SCARLET. Speccy twat Joe Maclaine gets into a spinning wicker basket thing (called “The Big Rat”, for fuck’s sake) which then enables him to download “expert knowledge” so he can join MI5-style agency WIM, become top international blonde superspy, fight crime and dispense derring-do. A flop, all told, not least thanks to there being no demented vehicles with gadgetry a-plenty, plus episode titles like “International Concerto”, “The Unorthodox Shepherd” and “Business Holiday”.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
The bloke who has to peel off the stickers with the bands’ names on off the set must have had the worst job in television. Wright was tolerable enough doing his poor man’s Kenny Everett shtick last time around, though obviously he gets way worse. We’re assuming that shot where Sue from Legs smiled right down the camera is already a thousand avatars. As you’ll remember Wright pointed out this show was originally on Friday, thanks to the Winter Olympics, and worse still it’s Bates again who, four years after his debut on Radio 1, is certainly making up for lost time in terms of Pops stints. Nice line-up, though, including we think Captain Beaky in primetime.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Creamvote #14 The most unforgettable kids’ entertainment show theme', Richard16378 says: "Think It Do It had a very catchy tune, but I can’t find it online anywhere."
- In 'Creamvote #14 The most unforgettable kids’ entertainment show theme', Austin Maxi says: "“What a handsome chap!” Of course, it has to be ‘Think Of A..."
- In 'The 50 Greatest Things About Match Of The Day', Alan says: "Does anyone else remember an MOTD – possibly from the 70s – which was broadcast during a strike, presumably by..."
- In 'Whatever Next!', Mick B says: "Referenced rather smartly on the Question Of Spit sketch for Comic Relief – back when comics made the effort to genuinely entertain in exchange..."
- In 'Zokko', Peter Coutts says: "I remember Zokko ,Skayne and the theme tune for the show which was the sort of catchy thing that drove you mad. After Zokko a very similar show with an..."