CEREBRAL DOWNER after the Supermarionation splendour of CAPTAIN SCARLET. Speccy twat Joe Maclaine gets into a spinning wicker basket thing (called “The Big Rat”, for fuck’s sake) which then enables him to download “expert knowledge” so he can join MI5-style agency WIM, become top international blonde superspy, fight crime and dispense derring-do. A flop, all told, not least thanks to there being no demented vehicles with gadgetry a-plenty, plus episode titles like “International Concerto”, “The Unorthodox Shepherd” and “Business Holiday”.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Alan Shearer’s Euro 96 – When Football Came Home
Wednesday, 22.45, BBC1
Both the Beeb and ITV are showing documentaries in the next week or so about Euro 96, but we don’t mind because we have such fond memories of it. Although it seems like only yesterday, too, from a modern perspective having since had the Olympics, it seems odd to think that the attendances weren’t all that and it was centred around a Wembley Stadium that was pretty much a dump and demolished four years later. Anyway, the Beeb have got in first, with all the major players assembled, including Gazza and, of course, Baddiel and Skinner.
Subscribe to Creamguide!
Points of View
- In 'Creamguide(Films) Commentaries: Doctor Who – The TV Movie', Palitoy says: "Excellent stuff as usual lads – is it wrong that I picture you all as recording your podcasts..."
- In 'Rondo Veneziano', David Lewis says: "HTV used the animation as a filler and also used the tune for programme menus."
- In 'Not the Nine O’clock News', Richard16378 says: "The (sadly late) Victoria Wood was considered for this show but turned down the offer. IIRC she wasn’t keen on writing..."
- In 'PICK OF THE DAY', Richard16378 says: "This has been up for a week is there a glitch or most of TVC on holiday?"
- In 'Creamvote quarter-final #4', Des E says: "Grandstand’s probably going to win fairly comfortably, so I’ve given the ‘busters a consolation vote. Hopefully, though,..."