Dudley Moore is subjected to more indignities with this uncalled-for film so dire there’s no humour to be had in its shortcomings. Burgess Meredith, Melvyn Hayes, Don Estelle, Christopher ‘Mike’ Ryan and John ‘Mallens’ Hallam are also implicated. Sheena Easton and the immortal Kaja provide the soundtrack.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
Here’s a Christmas staple that’s lasted longer than Creamguide, and like us is clearly struggling to find ways to present the same material as every year in a slightly different guise. These days because it’s the only one they do – although given how frequently they repeat them, we don’t know why they don’t do some more – it’s also a repository for any other bits and bobs that may have turned up over the last twelve months, with “rare footage of Kate Bush” promised, though don’t get too excited.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'The six worst Christmas Radio Times covers', Richard16378 says: "While I have a higher opinion of Some Mothers Do Ave Em than TVC I admit that picture of Frank Spencer isn’t..."
- In 'The six worst Christmas Radio Times covers', borgduck says: "Strap yourselves. There’s a Some Mothers repeat in less than half an hour!"
- In 'The six worst TV Times Christmas covers', borgduck says: "AVERT YOUR EYES! WHAT A NIGHTMARE!"
- In 'It’s the double-sized Christmas Creamguide number 2014!', Des E says: "Nice spoof of the 1991 Christmas Radio Times cover."
- In 'In Concert', Glenn A says: "A more sober alternative to The Generation Game, turn over to BBC 2 and put Radio 1 on in stereo and watch Nazareth in concert. Tended to be heavy on..."