LAST GASP of the short-lived craze for Comedy Store Players-centric ‘improv comedy’, with Paul Merton, Josie Lawrence and chums making up a sort of time-hopping ‘bonkbuster’ parody as they went along based entirely on ad-libbed suggestions from the studio audience. A lot more fun than it sounds, honest.
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
This week’s news has had no impact on this run which continues in much the same way as it’s done for the past two years with various shows being skipped along the way, as has been the case here so there’s a bit of repetition to put up with but still some ace new stuff as well. The extended versions is still billed as such but it’s down here in a half hour slot so we’re assuming it’s only a few minutes longer and they’re rounding down, maybe Blankety Blank had a particularly long tie-breaker that week. We also hear from Sue from Legs & Co – not personally, mind – that apparently 1980’s got the green light, which if true will be fantastic news and will take the repeats past four years. Didn’t even think we’d make it to a fourth week.
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'Medusa Touch, The', iMatt says: "The courtroom scene was pretty good too. And the bit when he argues with wife and her new lover (played by Jeremy Brett)."
- In 'McCloud', iMatt says: "Pretty much inspired by Coogan’s Bluff starring Clint Eastwood?"
- In 'Paddles Up', Graham says: "Watching Paddles Up was very educational and I believe young people do white water rafting in Northampton."
- In 'Brass', Damian says: "It’s BLACKGUARD-not ‘blaggard’."
- In 'The Official Doctor Who Fan Club returns', ann marie louuise white says: "I am biggest fan in the world be course I love doctor who Matthew Robert Smith he is so lovely young Man in..."