LAST GASP of the short-lived craze for Comedy Store Players-centric ‘improv comedy’, with Paul Merton, Josie Lawrence and chums making up a sort of time-hopping ‘bonkbuster’ parody as they went along based entirely on ad-libbed suggestions from the studio audience. A lot more fun than it sounds, honest.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
This was one of the most watched programmes of last Christmas so it’s no surprise they’ve asked for a full series, which begins here. Not sure how well it’ll do after a few episodes in mid-January when it can’t just coast on nostalgia and goodwill while everyone’s half-pissed, but it can’t be any worse than The Royal Bodyguard, can it?
Subscribe to Creamguide
Points of View
- In 'It’s the double-sized Christmas Creamguide number 2014!', THX 1139 says: "Well done to Channel 5 for showing Chas ‘n’ Dave’s Christmas Knees-Up. Not well done..."
- In 'The six worst TV Times Christmas covers', Des E says: "“Dishonourable mention for: creepy Santa illustration which they’ve run in perpetuity since the mid 1990s.” *puts..."
- In 'The six best Christmas TV Times covers', Des E says: "Not a TV Times fan, then, Borgduck? Though the magazine ceased to be really relevant following deregulation in ’91, I..."
- In 'The six best Christmas TV Times covers', borgduck says: "Are you sure these aren’t the six worst TV Times covers?"
- In 'The six worst Christmas Radio Times covers', Richard16378 says: "While I have a higher opinion of Some Mothers Do Ave Em than TVC I admit that picture of Frank Spencer isn’t..."