LAST GASP of the short-lived craze for Comedy Store Players-centric ‘improv comedy’, with Paul Merton, Josie Lawrence and chums making up a sort of time-hopping ‘bonkbuster’ parody as they went along based entirely on ad-libbed suggestions from the studio audience. A lot more fun than it sounds, honest.
New! From K-Tel!
TVC on Twitter
Creamguide's Pick of the Day
It’s thirty years to the week the Miners’ Strike ended, an occasion marked at the time by ITV devoting an entire Friday night to a three hour Weekend World special, which we doubt you’d get these days. The cultural side of the strike has been explored a couple of times and here’s Billy Brags with Jock Purdon, a former miner himself, and whose songs and verses took on extra resonance during the dispute.
Points of View
- In 'Zokko', Peter Coutts says: "I remember Zokko ,Skayne and the theme tune for the show which was the sort of catchy thing that drove you mad. After Zokko a very similar show with an..."
- In 'Tigris', THX 1139 says: "For years I thought I had watched the film of Kon-Tiki (the other famous Heyerdahl seafaring expedition) when I was a very small boy but when I finally saw..."
- In 'Juggernaut', Joeb says: "I always loved the bomb in the Rover biscuit tin. Classic. And I like the bit where the kid says the frogmen look like his Action Man."
- In 'Pale Rider ', Ian B says: "Just watched this on Blu-ray. Excellent film with the legend that is Clint Eastwood. Covers many themes and looks great."
- In 'Creamvote #14 The most unforgettable kids’ entertainment show theme', Applemask says: "I want to vote for “The 8.15 From Manchester” so bad it hurst, but I fear it..."